Whats Happening at AIIM
Guest Lecture by Mr. Vivek Gilani
Guest Lecture by Mr Mukesh Parikh
Book Expo -2017 Book Showcase
AIIM Research Speaker Series
Study Visit for PGDM Students to ONGC Kalol
AIIM Management Development Program Inauguration Ceremony
Leadership Development Program by Global Leadership Coach, Mr. Peter Cox
Children's Day @ Campus
Vibrant Gujarat 2017: January 10-13, 2017
6th EPC World Awards
Logistics Asia Conference
A talk by Mr. Jay Vasavada
Smart Infrastructure Industry Confluence
Confederation of Indian Industry
Prof. Bala V. Balachandran
Mr. Bala K. Subramaniam
Role & Challenges of TPO in Institute Building
Strategic thinking in Infrastructure Sector
Knowledge Partnership with CII
Opening Doors for 3rd Batch of Nation Builders
Dr. V. Venkata Rao
Professor of Operations Research
Ph.D., M.S.(Operations Research), M.Tech (Industrial Engineering and Operations Research), B.E.
Prof V. Venkata Rao has served as a member of the faculty at IIM, Ahmedabad for nearly 33 years and has superannuated on 31 March 2014. His primary area at IIMA was Information Systems and secondary area Production and Quantitative Methods. He holds a PhD from the Georgia Institute of Technology USA, an M. Tech from IIT, Kanpur, and a B.E. from Govt. College of Engineering, Kakinada. He worked as a systems analyst for application software at the computer centre of IIM Ahmedabad during 1974-76. He spent the summer of 1997 as a faculty fellow at Infosys Technologies Ltd, Bangalore. He has written several cases, published papers in national and international journals, and participated in consulting projects for public and private sector companies and for government. After his superannuation, he has continued his association with IIMA, as the editor-in-chief of the e-magazine “Technomic Review”, for two years. He is also associated with IIM, Udaipur as an Adjunct Professor.
- Computer-based Information Systems
- Operations Research
- Production and Operations Management
- 1977-1981: Ph. D; M.S.(Operations Research); both from the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Tech (Georgia Institute of Technology) , Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- 1972-1974: M.Tech.(Industrial Engineering and Operations Research), Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T.), Kanpur, India.
- 1966-1971: B.E. (Mechanical), Govt. College of Engineering, Kakinada, Andhra University, India. Passed with First Class Distinction
- July 1981 – March 2014: Member of the faculty, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Primary membership: Computers and Information Systems Group
- Secondary membership: Production and Quantitative Methods Area
- Superannuated on 31 March 2014
- Aug 1974 – Dec 1976: Systems Analyst; Computer Centre, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
The topics taught to post graduate, doctoral, and management development programmes at IIMA:
Decision support systems, expert systems, data base management systems, computer networks, data structures and algorithms, computer file design, end user computing, management information systems, computer based gaming, production planning and control, project management, systems analysis and simulation, introduction to programming, enterprise resource planning systems (ERP), decision making under certainty, decision making under uncertainty, Information Technology for competitive advantage, system design of computer applications, supply chain management.
Played an active role, assisted by colleagues in Information Systems area, in designing and/or offering the following courses at IIMA:
- Decision Support Systems (a management development program)
- Expert Systems (a management development program)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems: Technology Planning and Implementation (a management development program)
- e-Governance Programme for Chief Information officers of Andhra Pradesh (APCIO) (a long-term program exclusively meant for IAS, IPS, IFS, and First Class officers of Andhra Pradesh Government).
- Algorithms and Data Structures (a doctoral level course at IIM Ahmedabad)
- Systems Analysis and Design ( a Doctoral level course)
Coordinated the following management development programmes
- ERP Systems: Technology Planning and Implementation (3-day duration)
- Software Development Methodologies and Case Tools ( 6- day duration)
- Decision Support Systems ( 6 day version, three week version)
- Expert Systems ( 3-day duration)
- Management Education Programme (MEP) ( 4-Month duration)
- Computer Based Information Systems ( 3 month duration)
- e-governanve programme for CIOs of AP Government (APCIO)
- Management Capacity Enhancement Program (MCEP) for the senior faculty of Engineering Institutes at IIM Udaipur ( under the TEQIP scheme of MHRD, GOI)
Professor V. Venkata Rao has published the several research papers in Indian and international academic journals, and articles in newspapers. Registered cases, teaching notes and other teaching material authored or co-authored by him at IIMA case centre.
- 1990-1992: Chairman, Ahmedabad Chapter, Computer Society of India.
- Life Member, Operations Research Society of India.
- July 1986 – Sep 1986: UNDP Fellow, School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.
- May-June 1997: Spent seven weeks at Infosys Technologies Ltd, Bangalore on a research study on Y2K Projects, funded by the Infosys Fellowship.
- 1966-1971: State Government’s Special Merit Scholarship for the top ranking students in Higher Secondary examination, awarded by Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- 1977-1981: National Merit Scholarship for studies abroad, awarded by the ministry of education, Government of India.
- 1981: Wunch Award for outstanding Ph.D. dissertation awarded by the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.
- 1983, 1984: Best teacher award, awarded by the first year post graduate and fellow students of the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.