AIIM Management Development Program Inauguration Ceremony
Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM) – Ahmedabad opened its 1st Management Development Program of 2018. MDP (6 Weeks) is designed for the industry participants from varied backgrounds and talent-set.
Dr. Malay Mahadevia, Group HR Director, Adani Group and Trustee, Adani Institute of Infrastructure was the Chief Guest at the event. The distinguished guests inaugurated the ceremony by lighting the lamp. Dr. Malay Mahadevia, Group HR Director and Trustee inspired the students with Adani’s phenomenal journey of growth. In his message he conveyed the key Adani values and attitude of: “Make it Happen Attitude”, “Ability to do”, “Connect with a Higher Purpose” and “Builder of the Nation”. He welcome the participants to the program and expressed the opportunity for each individual to explore his or her potential to the fullest, he articulately cited an example of the inaugural lamp using its resources to the fullest. He stressed upon the application of this continuous education in their respective fields.
Similarly, motivating words were shared by the Director of the Institute, Dr. A.V. Thomas, Prof. Devang Desai, Professor-Management Practice, AIIM gave an overview of the program, the strong linkage between academics and industry. Prof. Jallavi Panchamia (Chairperson-MDP), Prof. Amit Shrivastava, Prof. Astha Agarwalla, Prof. Diti Vyas the core team of the MDP. Prof. Jallavi Panchamia & Prof. Amit Srivastava have shared the details of the modules & pedagogy.
- MDP, spread over 03 terms, delivered at AIIM campus
- Each term will have two contact weeks (total 6 Weeks for whole program)
- One week residency would be conducted every two months. Classes will be held from Monday to Friday.
- Accommodation will be provided to participants at AIIM campus.
- General management curriculum with one Group Project
- Option to earn various specializations through their selection of electives and additional modules.
- Rigorous courses taught by in-house as well as visiting renowned faculties
- Expert session on ‘Six Sigma’ will be delivered by faculty from Purdue University, USA.
- The pedagogy is a balanced mix of lectures, group discussions, presentations, case analyses, simulation exercises, business games and project work. In each module, books and the background reading material will be provided. All participants are supposed to come with pre-reading of the case and suggested chapter. The primary emphasis would be on interactive and participative methods of learning. The participants get the opportunity of interacting with eminent academics, policy makers and industry leaders who delve into the current business and policy issues.
Assessment, Evaluation and Certification:
- The institute follows continuous evaluation system which is fair and rigorous.
- After successful completion of all the modules, with prescribed academic requirement, the participants will become eligible for an award of a certificate for 6 week MDP program.